Thursday, January 3, 2008

Time for a Fresh Start

Its 2008, a new year, and changes have to be made. But everyday is just another ordinary day. Things haven't changed. This is just a chance to make some New Years resolutions and stick with it.

Things have been pretty hectic in life, and I have to say; this hasn't been my best new years. "Live goes on," "He's in a better place now," "Don't let this bring you down, he's still here," "You guys are going to be alright." These voices are becoming cliche to me, as though my ear are becoming numb. Thoughts are running through my head every second. I think about it a lot. And it makes me sad. Its so hard to deal with such great change in life. If death is part of life, why is it so horrible? Everything happens for a reason. I'm curious to what is behind all of this. Why did this happen to MY family? I want an answer. I don't mean to rant on about how depressed I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm not.

Millions of persons around the world are living a life that is far more dreadful than mine. How do they cope with it? I'm sitting here thinking that my life can be so much better when it's considered a luxury compared to the lives of others. How can I feel so mediocre with my life when I have one of the best. I have God, my family, and my friends. What more can I ask for? The supporters of my life. They are my backbone. One of my biggest resolutions this year will be to learn to appreciate life. To learn to appreciate what I have and the people I love. Step into the shoes of others and see; how incredible my life is compared to theirs.

I'll write in her as much as possible. Keep track of my life and write down anything that inspires me. Whatever comes to mind. Eventually, we can read back on all my entries and see if I have reached my resolution. If I will come to appreciate life more. It's time for a fresh start.

No comments: